Skip to content
- A team consists of 4 players. The players of a team are seated on 4 boards in order of decreasing ranks.
- A team gets one bonus point for a) at least 3 different nationalities, b) rank differences of more than 5 only (20 kyu is the lowest rank), c) age differences of more than 5 years only (no, we won’t verify this, however, the participants are expected to be sportsmanlike!), d) at least one female and one male player, e) having registered with a team name. Thus, at most 5 bonus points are possible. The bonus points are added to the total score (points) of the team at the qualification stage and are used as a side criterion to decide ties in the knockout stage.
- The thinking time is 20 minutes without byoyomi. Handicaps will be used up to 9 stones according to rank difference. White wins ties.
- A team wins due to a higher number of board wins or ties in case of the same number of wins as the opposing team. A team gets 1 / 0.5 / 0 winning points if it wins / ties / loses.
- The qualifications are a 4 rounds handpaired swiss tournaments depending on winning points with SOS and SODOS used for tie breakers. From each qualification the two best teams qualify for the playoff finals.
- In the playoffs the ties (2-2 result) are decided by 1) higher number of the team bonus points, 2) a total of scores achieved on all boards (wins by more then 10 points, by resignation or by forfeit count as wins by 9.5 points), 3) first board result.